Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Soft, Cozy, Knit Cabled Hoodie


Finally finished with this knit: lavender hoodie made with a yarn that was single ply, thick and thin 50% wool and 50% synthetic fibers (polyamide and acrylic) from Ice Yarns in Turkey. (6.5g of their Blog Flamme yarn) I did a lot of cabling on this one: up the center front going east and west, up the center sleeves, raglans and across the hood where it meets the casing. The yarn said it was worsted weight and to use a 5mm needle. Hardly. Ended up using a 3.75 needle throughout. As long as it meets gauge and fits. I guess that goes for all yarns anymore. Always do a gauge. I've received many compliments from my neighbors and friends, but I must be the Rodney Dangerfield of Ravelry, 'I don't get no respect'. I've got at least 40 some projects listed on there and I have very few hearts and views. I guess I don't belong it the "correct" groups. Another reason I take it's because most of my items I create my own design and pattern and don't buy someone's pattern there or anywhere for that matter. Why buy a pattern that may be badly written (and many possibly on purpose so you won't 'steal' their pattern)? Mostly use Ravelry for inspiration: An edging here, a cable there, a basket stitch here.

Until next time, happy knitting!



No comments:

Post a Comment